Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Barge by the sea

While exploring the beaches by my new home I came upon an old barge sitting high and dry. At first glance I only saw an old barge but after walking around it two or three times I began to see the color and texture. The more I walked around it the more I saw. I give to you my images of that old barge. Sometimes we must look at the world from a different perspective in order to see the beauty that surrounds us. Instead of a hulking, washed up old barge I ended up seeing multitudes of patterns and colors as well as reflections from inside this now piece of art. The saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" certainly held true for this subject.

















9 comments:

Louise said...

Oh my goodness. Amazing colors. What an artful approach. I love the one near the end with the rusts and blues in sort of stripes. Very cool post.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I love the textures.

Catherine said...

The first thing I thought as I looked at your captures, was what amazing colors & texture..I love the one capture with the blue~I think its like the third to last...these are stunning captures!
Have a beautiful week!
Cat

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

FW: Very nicely done, you see wonderfully through you camera.

SaraG said...

Awesome pictures!! Thanks for the comment on my blog. Vacation was fun. Still sorting thru some pictures. Will end with some pictures taken from the plane for SkyWatchFriday!!
Take care

HFD60 said...

Wow FW you have a great eye. These images are awsome....

Leora said...

You take what someone else might consider old, antiquated, no longer useful and convert it into artistic expression. Wonderful textures.

Anonymous said...

Awwww-sum! Who would think such great shots would come from something like that. See, there is art and beauty in everything.

Mary said...

oh what beautiful colors and textures!!!